Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm pole vaulting over my tomatoes

Click to enlarge the photo.


We had a bad storm here a few nights ago, and my tomatoes took a beating in the wind. Luckily, non of the branches broke off, but a couple of plants did turn over.

My mom was right. These cages Randy loaned me are not beg enough to contain the ever growing branches. So, I planted a couple of 6' poles and rigged a pulley system for the branches that want to lay on the ground. Now, as they grow, I can pull the string up a little to keep them all tidy.

1 comment:

Samual said...

Its wonderful Blog.Hydroponics is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to grow plants.LED Grow Lights literally have reflectors built right into the light itself which will target the light directly at the plant. Which in turn, promotes fitter, faster plant growth.